Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy B-Day Dad! Crazy Day At TD Garden; Ready For Bruins-Habs

Happy Birthday to my Dad who yesterday on my birthday termed me "the strangest present your Mom ever gave me". Thanks Dad!

Getting ready for the Habs-Bruins here at the TD Garden and wow what a busy day it has been!

First this morning, the Bruins announced that center David Krejci had been diagnosed with the H1N1 flu and is day-to-day as he recovers. Then later this afternoon, the team confirmed that they had signed goalie Tuukka Rask to a two-year extension. GM Peter Chiarelli is due to speak to the media here at 6 p.m. so we'll have more on that later and I'll post a quick feature at some point tonight here on NESN.com.

Also, all my Bruins-Habs coverage, including the "Facing Off" preview, Live Blog, Bruins-Habs rivalry piece and soon a piece on old friend and former Bruin Glen Metropolit finding success on the other side of this rivalry in Montreal. You can find it all here.

OK, down to feed the meters, grab some great Will McDonough Press Room grub, cover the Chiarelli presser and head back up for the pregame warm-ups. I will also be on "Melnick In The Afternoon" on the Team 990 in Montreal at 6:30 p.m. ET.

Sláinte!

Murph

No comments:

Post a Comment