Thursday, October 29, 2009

Writing away at Porter's Bar; Brick between the benches Saturday

And no there has been no Guinness or Shipyard Pumpkin Head Ale consumed. However, post-game I will most definitely have to partake in some "Black-O-Lantern" which is a "Black and Tan" but with the Shipyard Pumpkin Head Ale in place of the Bass. That is now my official adult beverage of October.

I did enjoy a delicious Greek salad w/steak tips though and now I will have some steak and eggs for breakfast tomorrow thanks to the hefty portion served by the crew here. Speaking of the crew here, as I listen to "Melnick In The Afternoon" on the Team 990 online, I am being served by a wonderful waitress from Montreal, Katuah.

Mitch Melnick would like her I think because as he does, she has great taste in music. A little Etta James never hurt the soul. I also think he would like this place in general and the fine bartending of my mate Jim Mitchell. Jim is also a pretty solid musician. If you're in the North Station area on Halloween, Jim and his guided by voices tribute called Hot Freaks are playing the Porter's Halloween party. Might have take Mitch here if he ever comes down for a Bruins-Habs game but for now I think he'll be just fine watching Arlo Guthrie.

OK, back to writing, but before we do, NESN and Versus color man Andy Brickley will be between the benches for the Oilers-Bruins matinee at 1 p.m. Saturday on NESN. I also see that the Pens will be without Evgeni Malkin for possibly 2-3 weeks as he is out with a shoulder strain. While other teams will definitely suffer from the loss of their star players, something tells me the defending Stanley Cup Champions will keep motoring along.

Sláinte!

Murph

No comments:

Post a Comment